God’s Angels are His invisible spirit-servants who serve His human-servants in their Christ-centric life and ministry. Sometimes they will visibly appear, but the majority of the time remain unseen.
“Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?”
~ Hebrews 1:14
Foremost in our understanding regarding invisible angels is that there are Two Types of Angels:
1. God’s Angels are commanded by God alone, operating in obedience to God in complete holiness and righteousness, and accomplish God’s purposes through serving believers; and
2. Fallen Angels (aka “demons”) are commanded by Satan for wicked objectives, but can be super-commanded by Christians [through their authorized use of the authority of Jesus Christ] to cease-and-desist their evil activities.
The scriptural “rules of engagement” that surround humanity’s encounters with the spirit realm in the form of angels and demons can be quite extensive, especially if entire scripture passages are quoted. So for our purposes here we will keep the focus limited to the basics about God’s Angels:
1. They are never to be directed by humans; they always receive their instructions either through the authority structure of God’s angelic forces, or directly from God.
2. They are never to be offered worship by humans; worship is to be offered to God alone.
3. They are never to be addressed in prayer by humans, only God is ever to be addressed in a believer’s prayers; other beings are never to be prayed to, whether angelic, or human (eg. spirits; dead human beings; living human beings; any other gods).
4. They are to be recognized as God’s servants in the spirit realm that serve to the benefit of the believer and God’s holy purposes.
Realizing the involvement of God’s Angels is a tremendous faith booster! Whether we see them with our physical eyes, or simply acknowledge by faith their possible presence and involvement, either way it can turn fear into courage. For example, the story of the Prophet Elisha with his servant when they faced an enormous army:
“’Don’t be afraid. Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.’
And Elisha prayed… the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he… saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”
~ 2 Kings 6:16-17
So, if you are facing an enormous enemy and outnumbered in the visible realm, have faith! Ask the Lord to open your eyes so that you can see things as they REALLY are in both the visible AND the invisible realm. He may open your eyes in one of any number of ways, but whatever method He chooses it will result in your faith and courage erupting like a new river springing up from the dessert ground, becoming a fantastic source of joy that will refresh yourself and those around you.
#PastorsTip #2Kings6 #Hebrews1 #Angels #Invisible #Courage #Joy #RulesOfEngagement