“You will tread on the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
‘Because he loves me,’ says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges My name.
He will call on Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation.’”
~ Psalm 91:13-16
God has NEVER looked upon a Christian’s Life-Challenge and then whispered:
“Dude, sorry, but you are on your own! I’m outa here. This is too big for Me. Good luck with that!”
Instead, He qualifies the Christian (a faithful follower of Christ) whom He protects as one who:
- Loves God, and
- Acknowledges God (is not ashamed of Him), and
- Prays to God (calls on Him).
The scripture passage then highlights the kind of equipping and protection that God provides to those of us who love Him.
He will equip and empower us for our participation in the battle with the Life-Challenge. We will be able to trample on (to conquer and overpower) “the great lion and cobra” (various manifestations of the enemy).
He will participate in the battle directly by providing protection as follows:
- He will rescue us, and
- He will protect us, and
- He will answer our prayers, and
- He will be side-by-side with us throughout the life-challenge, and
- He will deliver us, and
- He will honor us (in front of the enemy and others), and
- He will satisfy us with long life, and
- He will show us His salvation (the complete package of His deliverance for us).
The ONLY thing that I have ever heard God whisper when a Life-Challenge rose up around me like an ugly, frightful beast from hell is:
“Dude, I’ve got this!”
How about you?